There are many different opportunities to volunteer for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Ways to assist through volunteering:
- Help answer phones and greet at admin office.
- Help answer hotline calls or provide assistance to shelter staff.
- Become a trained Sexual Assault Advocate and accompany sexual assault victims to the hospital for exams.
- Assist Child Advocate with children’s activities.
- Provide transportation for shelter residents.
- Help with Community Awareness events and planning.
- Help with fundraising events and planning.
- Assist Thrift Store locations by working with staff to receive and sort donations.
- Provide lawn and landscape assistance for our facilities.
- Provide maintenance and renovation assistance for our facilities.
Victim safety and confidentiality are the top priorities of our agency and our mission. Volunteers wishing to work directly with victims and their children, or those interested in representing our agency through community awareness activities, are asked to make a commitment to the organization by completing the volunteer orientation and training, criminal background check, and a detailed interview with the volunteer coordinator. There are also volunteer opportunities available for groups or those unable to make large time commitments.
If you would like to become a Family Crisis Center of East Texas volunteer, please download the Volunteer Application Packet and return it to the Family Crisis Center of East Texas via mail P.O. Box 510 Lufkin, TX 75902 , fax 936-633-6280, or you can drop it off at the Lufkin or Nacogdoches Thrift Store.